Wednesday, July 2, 2008

The Shack



I just finished reading The Shack by William P. Young. The author is going to be in our area next month and I wanted to read it before hearing him speak. I began reading yesterday, and once I started, I couldn't put it down.

I laughed a lot, and shook my head with wonder at some of the glimpses of God, Jesus, the Holy Spirit and eternity that this book brought my way. Sometimes I cried unexpectedly; the tears were quickly followed by God revealing truth and hope that reached deep touching things hidden in my heart.

The Shack touched me on a very deep level. I would encourage everyone to get a copy, read it, and pass it around. It is one of the best modern books I've ever read.

Go to www.theshackbook.com for more details.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think The Shack is a book that has changed many of my preconceived
thoughts on my relationship with God. I want to read it again and and have a better understanding of the whole concept of a personal
relationship on that level.
Mom